Re: Changing behavior of BEGIN...sleep...do something...COMMIT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: Changing behavior of BEGIN...sleep...do something...COMMIT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andreas,
From the JDBC side it really doesn't make that much difference.  The
JDBC code needs to support both ways of doing it (explicit begin/commits
for 7.2 and earlier servers, and set autocommit for 7.3 servers), so
however it ends up for 7.4 it shouldn't be too much work to adopt.  As
Tom has mentioned elsewhere the key change is having the FE/BE protocol
report the current transaction state.

thanks,
--Barry