Re: Syntax problem! - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christoph Haller
Subject Re: Syntax problem!
Date
List pgsql-sql
>> I am moving the database from sybase to postgresql.Iam having problem> replacing the following similar syntax from
sybaseto postgres sql could> anybody help me out? It doesnt seem to recognize the '?' operator

though it> works fine in Sybase.>> select * from version where version_nr =?;> ERROR:  Unable to identify a postfix
operator'=?' for type 'integer'>         You may need to add parentheses or an explicit cast>> I am sure there must be
somereplacement in postgres, i havent been

able to> find it though. I would appreciate if anybody could help me out.>
There is no such table. Alternatively use SELECT version() ;
I am not familiar with sybase. What does the '?' operator do?
What are you achieving by this statement?

Regards, Christoph