Re: array support patch phase 1 patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: array support patch phase 1 patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> I looked over this patch a little bit, mostly at the anyarray/anyelement
> changes; I didn't study the ArrayExpr stuff (except to notice that yeah,
> the grammar change is very ugly; can't it be made independent of the
> number of levels?).
[...snip...]
> In short then, what about passing an Expr* link in FmgrInfo as a
> substitute for actualRetType?  (An additional advantage of this way
> is that it's obvious whether or not the information has been provided,
> which it would not be for, say, functions invoked via DirectFunctionCallN.
> The patch as it stands fails silently if a polymorphic function is called
> from a call site that doesn't provide the needed info.)

Here's a new patch that fixes the grammar ugliness (amazing how easily I
got that to work after a week of not looking at it!) and adds an
(Expr *) link in FmgrInfo. It passes all regression tests. If there are
no objections, please apply.

(as phase 1 -- see:
   http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-03/msg00191.php
  for what the patch covers and the planned "yet-to-come").

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment