pgadmin3: present and future - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject pgadmin3: present and future
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
***Functionality right now:

All Objects should show correct properties and statistics. Most CREATE
SQL is implemented, query tool seems to work smoothly including query
cancelling (tested with 91k sized query).

- F5 refresh
- Ctrl-S save, Ctrl-O open and all SciTe keys
- Alt-E Execute, Alt-X Explain (pgadmin style)
- F5 Execute, Ctrl-Break Cancel (ms isql style)

***Missing, coming soon:
- Aggregate, Operator, Function, Rule, Trigger CREATE SQL
- functional index CREATE SQL
- Column MODIFY SQL
- comments
- handling enhancements in sql tool
- adding support for query builder

*** Missing, currently I don't plan to implement (and no tool, editing a
xrc file with a text editor isn't that fun):
- object property dialogs
- create object dialogs

*** Enhancements  I'm thinking of right now (coming soon):
- split PG_FUNCTIONS into PT_FUNCTIONS AND PG_TRIGGERFUNCTIONS under
PG_SCHEMA
- show PG_TRIGGERFUNCTION under PG_TRIGGER
- attempt to format CREATE VIEW output

Regards,

Andreas