Re: transaction blocking inserts in postgresql 7.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis Gearon
Subject Re: transaction blocking inserts in postgresql 7.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Let us know in about a month what your database references look like :-) without
table locks, which cause the same problem that you're trying to fix, I don't
think that it's possible to maintain referential integrity with multiple
processes going .... in application code.

I've been proved wrong on many things, I hope for your sake that this is one of
them :-)