Re: Select For Update question - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jean-Christian Imbeault
Subject Re: Select For Update question
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Barry Lind wrote:

> You should check out the Javadoc for the Connection object

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I've read the relevant
docs and was able to write up a quick test program that does properly
lock the rows when "select .. for update" is used.

I know this is not specifically postgres related, but if my application
crashes after putting a lock on some rows, I have notice that postgres
releases the locks.

Is the behaviour reliable? I.e. can feel safe in that if my application
crashes any locks it held will be released?

Thanks,

Jean-Christian Imbeault