Re: pgsql-server/src/pl/plpgsql/src gram.y pl_exec ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: pgsql-server/src/pl/plpgsql/src gram.y pl_exec ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Log message:
>     plpgsql can assign to subscripted variables now, e.g.
>     x[42] := whatever;
>     The facility is pretty primitive because it doesn't do array slicing and
>     it has the same semantics as array update in SQL (array must already
>     be non-null, etc).  But it's a start.

I just started looking at this this afternoon. Of course, it would have
taken me quite a bit longer than you to figure it out, so I'm glad you
did :-)

However, I'm now seeing this:
[root@jec-linux pgsql]# cd /opt/src/pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/src
[root@jec-linux src]# bison -y -d  gram.y
NONE:0: /usr/bin/m4: ERROR: EOF in string

Is this a "latest bison" kind of issue? I'm using version 1.75.

Thanks,

Joe