MySQL at .NET conference - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mlw
Subject MySQL at .NET conference
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I had the misfortune of having to attend a .NET forum. It was
interesting, it seems like Microsoft is gonna may anyone's dog able to
write web service applications. The catch being that it will only run on
Windows .NET.

Anyway, on to MySQL. The had a booth there.  I asked their technical guy
a few questions and he seemed to have a decent understanding. When I
asked the question, "Why would I choose MySQL over something like
PostgreSQL?" his response was "There is one company driving MySQL. Also,
when we do a feature we think it through and deliver it completed. The
PostgreSQL group tends to deliver things that aren't quite right or
incomplete." I was taken aback by this. I don't think it is completely
true, but I wonder what you guys think.

Lastly, I asked are there any technical reasons why I would use MySQL
over PostgreSQL, and the guy answered "not really."