Re: Big insert/delete memory problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kurt Overberg
Subject Re: Big insert/delete memory problems
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom,

After installing the compiled version, things are looking better.  The
processes are still growing, but not nearly as fast as before

I think this problem may have something to do with my connection from
Tomcat.  I'm using the JDBC2 drivers from postgresql.org, and when I
reset my tomcat, memory usage on those backends goes way down (back to
normal).  So it seems like something in the JDBC driver is keeping those
backends large.  I'm using the PooledDataSource object for accessing
this database.  Don't know if that helps or not.  I'll try to post to
the JDBC list and see what I can find.  Thanks again!

/kurt