Re: look for latest user login in one table from a list of users - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jean-Luc Lachance
Subject Re: look for latest user login in one table from a list of users
Date
List pgsql-sql
Try:

select users."User-Name", ss."Date", ss."Time" from users left outer
join ( select distinct on ("User-Name") "User-Name", "Date", "Time" order by
1, 2 DESC, 3 DESC) as sson ( users."User-Name" = ss."User-Name")
order by 1;

It help if yo uhave an index on logs( "User-Name", "Date" desc, "Time"
desc).

JL

PS Can't you convert "Date" || "Time"  to timestamp?