Re: contrib Makefile's and OS X - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: contrib Makefile's and OS X
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joe Conway wrote:
>>Thanks Adam, Peter, and Tom for your replies. I'll make the minor change
>>Tom recommended, try to find out what distribution the person is using,
>>and recommend they switch to the standard one.
>
> This gets into the problem if distributing PL/R outside our tarball.
> Are you still able to use our Makefile.shlib in your build?

Actually, I guess I never did close the loop on this; the person
reporting the problem did switch to a standard distribution, and that
solved the problem.

As far as Makefile.shlib goes, yes, PL/R requires the full 'configure'd
PostgreSQL source tree, with plr in a folder under contrib. Seems to
work well.

Joe