Re: Can't update rows in tables qualified with schema names - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: Can't update rows in tables qualified with schema names
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Rich,

Yes this is a bug.  It should be simple to fix.  It is a little bit more
work than just parsing on the period.  The logic needs to handle the
following cases:

schema.table
"Schema"."Table"
"Schema.name"."Table.name"

basically you need to account for the fact that the names could be
quoted or not and if quoted they could contain the period character.

The code below from org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java
would need to be fixed up.

String quotelessTableName;
if (tableName.startsWith("\"") && tableName.endsWith("\"")) {
    quotelessTableName = tableName.substring(1,tableName.length()-1);
} else {
    quotelessTableName = tableName.toLowerCase();
}
java.sql.ResultSet rs = ((java.sql.Connection)
connection).getMetaData().getPrimaryKeys("", "", quotelessTableName);

Do you, or someone else on the list want to take a stab at fixing this up?

thanks,
--Barry