Newbie needs help: How to create a 'plain' 7.3 database in 7.2.1? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Erwin Moller
Subject Newbie needs help: How to create a 'plain' 7.3 database in 7.2.1?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear reader,

Is it possible to create a 'plain' database made under Postgres 7.3 on a
Postgres 7.2.1 installation?
(With 'plain' I mean: nothing special like own functions, but only
tables, sequences, PK's, FK's, UNIQUE. Just the basics.)

I am looking for some kind of pg_dump from 7.3 whoose output can be used
to recreate the database on the 7.2.1 machine.

At the moment I keep getting errors on the sequences-settings as
produced by pg_dump.

Theese are the commands I use:
pg_dump:(On Postgres 7.3)
pg_dump -D mydatabase > mydb.txt

recreate (On Postgres 7.2.1) like this:
psql -d mydatabase -f mydb.txt

But it seems that Postgres7.2.1 doesn't understand this command:
SELECT pg_catalog.setval ('tbluser_userid_seq', 11, true);

and all similar sequence-set commands.

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "("

What should I do?
Can I dump in another way, a 7.2.1-safe way?
Should I edit the output by hand somehow?
Please help!

Regards,
Erwin