Re: [HACKERS] loading libraries on Postmaster startup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: [HACKERS] loading libraries on Postmaster startup
Date
List pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Joe Conway writes:
>
>>Here is a patch for the above, including a documentation update. It
>>creates a new GUC variable "preload_libraries", that accepts a list in
>>the form:
>
> Have you tried using existing dynamic linker functionality instead of
> putting already existing functionality into PostgreSQL?

Sorry for my ignorance, but can you be more specific?

Are you referring to LD_PRELOAD? As I said before, it doesn't help
preloading the library if I can't also run an initialization function.
Do you know a way to do that? If so, is it portable?

Joe