Re: good style? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rafal Kedziorski
Subject Re: good style?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tambet Matiisen wrote:

> [...]
betterif you write all joins as JOIN clauses.

>When using JOIN you are directing Postgres to use exactly this join order. I found it preferrable over letting query
optimizerto decide. Generally you know better what tables will contain more rows and what less. It's more important in
developmentphase, because there is usually not much test data and all tables look the same to optimizer.

I would genarete more test data and compare my first version with the
new version.

Rafal