Re: Table Pivot - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Table Pivot
Date
List pgsql-sql
Vic Cekvenich wrote:
>>based) approach, take a look at crosstab() in
>>contrib/tablefunc.
>
> I looked but could not find.
> Where Can I find this?

[...snip...]

> Cool, if I can find a link to compiling the Crosstab
> function.

Well, as I said above, it's in contrib/tablefunc. First off, it is only
available in PostgreSQL 7.3.x. If you are installing from source, start
at the top of the postgres source tree and type:
  cd contrib/tablefunc  make  make install

See README.tablefunc for more details, and  contrib/tablefunc/expected/tablefunc.out
as a source of examples.

If you are installing from binary, look for where "contrib" is
installed. For example, if installing from RPM, make sure you have the
postgresql-contrib package installed.

HTH,

Joe