Re: UNION or UNION ALL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tomasz Myrta
Subject Re: UNION or UNION ALL
Date
List pgsql-sql
Abdul Wahab Dahalan wrote:> I've 3 tables A,B,C> records in table A like:> id          name> b1        abc> b2
xyz>b3        rst>> records in table B like:> id        type> b1        logistics> b1        importer> b2
logistics>b3        logistics> b3        exporter>> records in table C like:> id        offer        title> b1
sell       car> b1        buy        car> b1        sell        van> b2        sell        car>> How shoul I do a query
sothat I can get a result like> (The query will be based on B.type ='logistics')> id        name       offer> b1
abc       sell> b1        abc        buy> b1        abc        sell> b2        xyz        sell> b3        rst
-->> Any help very much appricated

select  id,  name,  offer
from  A  join B using (_id)  left join C using (_id)
where type='logistics';

As you see, you don't need any UNION ;-)

BTW - please - turn off HTML format in your mail client.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta