Re: Lock timeout detection in postgres 7.3.1 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christoph Haller
Subject Re: Lock timeout detection in postgres 7.3.1
Date
List pgsql-sql

> PostgreSQL 7.3 Documentation
> 3.4. Run-time Configuration
> STATEMENT_TIMEOUT (integer)
> Aborts any statement that takes over the specified number of
milliseconds. A value of zero turns off the timer.
> DEADLOCK_TIMEOUT (integer)
> This is the amount of time, in milliseconds, to wait on a lock before
checking to see if there is a deadlock condition

> In this case I suppose 2 things:
> - table has a lot of records and you should just wait to finish
operation.
> - another query locked the table and it is realy a deadlock

Thanks Tomasz for pointing this out.
STATEMENT_TIMEOUT is exactly what I was looking for.
I should have had a look into the 7.3 Doc on my own.

Regards, Christoph