Re: unixODBC, PostgreSQL 7.3 + ODBC V3 drivers? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Nick Gorham
Subject Re: unixODBC, PostgreSQL 7.3 + ODBC V3 drivers?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Alain Picard wrote:
> Dear unixODBC and psqlodbc maintainers,
>
> I'm trying to use unixODBC with the latest (CVS) psqlodbc library
> with PostgreSQL 7.3.
>
> This is all working fine, but, as of 7.3 PostgreSQL returns
> aggregate types (e.g. SUMs, COUNTs) as INTEGER8, and so these
> results are (correctly) mapped to string types by the ODBC V2 driver.
>
> On Windows NT, using the experimental psqlodbc V3 driver, things
> work properly and I get numbers back.  On Linux, however, compiling
> the experimental psqlodbc V3 driver results in problems.  (I did
> this by defining ODBCVER to be 0x0351 in config.h)

Hi,

Not trying to duck any problems, but I don't think this is a unixODBC
problem as the message is from the driver, but if you do find otherwise
tell me and I will fix.

--
Nick Gorham
Easysoft Limited http://www.easysoft.com