Re: updated win32 patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: updated win32 patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway wrote:
 and AFAICS the following function that the patch
> adds isn't related to Win32 at all:
>
> + /* For unknown parameter type during parse */
> + void set_param_type(int t, Oid typid)
> + {
> +       if ((t > pfunc_num_args) || (t <= 0))
> +               return;
> +       param_type_info[t - 1] = typid;
> + }

Good catch ...

That one is part of something that enables SPI preparation of plans with
parameters of unknown datatype. The caller of SPI_prepare then will find
the datatypes choosen by the parser/planner in the array passed in. Need
to make that a separate one ...

Jan