Re: Sun J2EE server (default with J2EE package) + PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From pginfo
Subject Re: Sun J2EE server (default with J2EE package) + PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

Patryk Kubiak wrote:

> > >         I have PostgreSQL 7.2.2 and (jdbc driver jdbc7.2dev-1.2.jar
> > >  is located in /usr/share/pgsql/ ). I'm writing a project where I use
> > >  technolgies like : Apache 1.3.27 + Tomcat 4.1.18 + Struts 1.x + ANT for
> > >  XML files + Sun (default) J2EE 1.3.1 server.
> > >
> > >         The problem is that I don't know how to set up PostgreSQL driver
> > >  to be used with J2EE server (is it possible ?).
> >
> > Yes, it is possible. But J2EE is only standart. It is not server.Servers are Orion,BEA, IBM WebSphere and so on.
>
> I send also email to Sun, they answer is below :
> Hi --
>
> PostgreSQL is not a supported db for the J2EE SDK.
> For supported db's, please see:
>
> http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/release/ReleaseNotes.html#9704
>
> PostgresSQL may or may not work with the J2EE SDK-- but we haven't
> tested it.
> Unfortunately it's only documented (Sun doc) how to use Oracle,Cloudscape
> or MS SQL Server. There's is no information how to set up JNDI for
> PostgreSQL.

I do not know.For me it is not connected to the db.
As I wrote J2EE is only standart. Also I have used the SUN-server with ingres and it is similat with pg ( as I know).
But the setup for each J2EE-server is not simpel.