Data types - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Vicente Alabau Gonzalvo
Subject Data types
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I'm trying to retireve some data from this table:

create table types (_numeric_ numeric);

  _numeric_
-----------
         10
(1 row)

usgin jdbc in this way:

If I try to do this query:
    String query = "SELECT * FROM types";
I can get it as BigDecimal and gives me no problems.

But with this other:

    String query = "SELECT * FROM types WHERE _numeric_=? ";
    pStmt = con.prepareStatement(query);
    pStmt.setBigDecimal(1, 10);

and java gives this exception:

    java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator
    '=' for types 'numeric' and 'double precision'

I think it's because jdbc matches BigDecimals with 'double precision'
but I want to match them with 'numeric' instead.

Is there any way to do this match? How can I solve this problem?
Thanks