Re: Replication documentation addition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Luke Lonergan
Subject Re: Replication documentation addition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

There's a typo on line 8, first paragraph:

"perhaps with only one server allowing write rwork together at the same
time."

Also, consider this wording of the last description:

"Single-Query Clustering..."

Replaced by:

"Shared Nothing Clustering
-----------------------

This allows multiple servers with separate disks to work together on a
each query.
In shared nothing clusters, the work of answering each query is
distributed among
the servers to increase the performance through parallelism.  These
systems will
typically feature high availability by using other forms of replication
internally.

While there are no open source options for this type of clustering,
there are several
commercial products available that implement this approach, making
PostgreSQL achieve
very high performance for multi-Terabyte business intelligence
databases."

- Luke