Re: horo(r)logy test fail on solaris (again and - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Luke Lonergan
Subject Re: horo(r)logy test fail on solaris (again and
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I suspect the '-fast' introduced arithmetic associativity transformations that horology is sensitive to.  I've seen
thisin the past.

The solution I used was to mod the Makefile to exclude the sensitive routines from the aggressive optimizations.  As I
recall,adt.c was the prime culprit.

- Luke

Msg is shrt cuz m on ma treo
-----Original Message-----
From:     Bruce Momjian [mailto:bruce@momjian.us]
Sent:    Tuesday, September 26, 2006 11:51 AM Eastern Standard Time
To:    Zdenek Kotala
Cc:    pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org; Tom Lane; Match.Grun@thomson.com
Subject:    Re: [HACKERS] horo(r)logy test fail on solaris (again and

Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> I tried regression test with Postgres Beta and horology test field. See
> attached log. It appears few month ago - see
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-ports/2006-06/msg00004.php
> I used Sun Studio 11 with -fast flag and SPARC platform.

Are you looking for ways to contort Solaris to make PostgreSQL fail?
That doesn't prove much about PostgreSQL, but rather about Solaris.

TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate      subscribe-nomail command to
majordomo@postgresql.orgso that your      message can get through to the mailing list cleanly