CSV import - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Oliver Vecernik
Subject CSV import
Date
Re: CSV import  (Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi again!

After investigating a little bit further my CSV import couldn't work
because of following reasons:

1. CSV files are delimited with CR/LF
2. text fields are surrounded by double quotes

Is there a direct way to import such files into PostgreSQL?

I would like to have something like MySQL provides:

LOAD DATA [LOW_PRIORITY | CONCURRENT] [LOCAL] INFILE 'file_name.txt'   [REPLACE | IGNORE]   INTO TABLE tbl_name
[FIELDS      [TERMINATED BY '\t']       [[OPTIONALLY] ENCLOSED BY '']       [ESCAPED BY '\\' ]   ]   [LINES TERMINATED
BY'\n']   [IGNORE number LINES]   [(col_name,...)]

Has anybody written such a function already?

Regards,
Oliver

--
VECERNIK Datenerfassungssysteme