Re: To use a VIEW or not to use a View..... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: To use a VIEW or not to use a View.....
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tomasz Myrta wrote:

> Jan Wieck wrote:
>
> >Use tables, views and views over views, it's all fine and your indexes
> >will be used.
>
> I can't agree with using views over views. It has some limitations.
> I asked about it on this list several months ago
> and Tom Lane's conclusion was:

It has less to do with the nesting level of rewriting, than with what
you do with the view in general. If you cram up all the functionality
with aggregating subselects into one monster view it might do better,
except for maintaining the code.

Jan