problem with authentication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Justin Georgeson
Subject problem with authentication
Date
List pgsql-admin
I have a dump file I created with pg_dumpall on a 7.0.3 installation.
I'm trying to run 'psql < dumpall.dmp' on a 7.2.3 installation. I set
local connections for all databases to trust in pg_hba.conf, but I'm
still asked for a password. I only have local connection open
(tcpip_socket is set to false in /var/lig/psql/data/postgresql.conf). I
then tried enabling tcpip_socket, setting connections from localhost to
trust, and restarting, and adding a -h 127.0.0.1 to the psql command
above. It told me there was no "root" database. My dump file is a plain
text file, and I thought pg_restore was only for tar and compressed tar
dump files. Help.

--
Justin Georgeson
UnBound Technologies, Inc.

5295 Hollister Road
Houston, TX 77040
Real Applications using Real Wireless Intelligence(tm)