Re: Threads - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From bbaker@priefert.com
Subject Re: Threads
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>I am sure, many of you would like to delete this message before reading, hold
>on. :-)

I'm afraid most posters did not read the message.  Those who replied
"Why bother?" did not address your challenge:

>I think threads are useful in difference situations namely parallelising
>blocking conditions and using multiple CPUs.

This is indeed one of the few good reasons for threads.  Indeed,
large/robust systems use a mix.

The consensus of the group is that those who do the work are not ready
for threads.  Which is fine.  Looking into my crystal ball, I see that
it will happen, though it appears so far away.

bbaker