Re: Linux world Article - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Linux world Article
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 24 Dec 2002 at 10:04, Jason Hihn wrote:

> Ok, now that we've all had a chance to read it...
>
> Do we know why Apple chose MySQL?
>
> Are these statements true?
> "But when it comes to core SQL capabilities, open-source databases do not
> support all the features that proprietary enterprise databases such as IBM's
> DB2 or Oracle's 9i do."
>
> "Open-source database providers readily admit that their databases are not
> yet geared toward powering high-end enterprise systems, such as ERP and CRM
> applications."
>
> I could see that being applied to MySQL, but I thought PostgreSQL was ready!

Too bad I didn't find a comments section in there to write a "contentful"
reply..

How about sending the editor a note or ask for a special article on postgresql.
I am sure we can get plenty of authors..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Goldenstern's Rules:    (1) Always hire a rich attorney    (2) Never buy from a rich
salesman.