Re: Unable to format timestamp with time zone; internal - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Graham Leggett
Subject Re: Unable to format timestamp with time zone; internal
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>>  pg_dump: ERROR:  Unable to format timestamp with time zone; internal
>>coding error
>

> AFAICT this error can only appear when trying to display a timestamp
> that's before the start of the Julian day count, 4713 BC ... which the
> system should never have let you enter in the first place.  (In my
> tests, the timestamp input routine rejects such dates.)  Got any idea
> how you got that value in there?

Absolutely no idea. Could vacuuming the database affect it?

Any idea what solution I can use to fix this? We can no longer back up
our database any more, which is a critical problem.

Why is this a fatal error? Is there a way of turning this into a warning
so we can at least get the rest of the data out?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm        "There's a moon
                    over Bourbon Street