Re: CoC [Final v2] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: CoC [Final v2]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 24, 2016, at 5:15 PM, "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Based on our structure it doesn't work that way. At a minimum we will come up with a CoC and it will be passed to
-corefor final approval. -core will then also define how they want implement it (or even turn us down). We are just
doingsome of the hard work for them so that they see what the community and majority of contributors come up with.

I think that it is the understatement of the year (to date) to say that consensus is not emerging here.  Worse yet, it
iscausing huge rifts in the community while not resulting in an agreed-to product.

I am pro-CoC, but without a documented enforcement and resolution mechanism, we might as well just add "be excellent to
eachother" on postgresql.org and be done with it.

I'd suggest that -core take over from this point, and decide on a full package, rather than continuing this process
herein -general.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com