Re: Elocution - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Elocution
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Dennis,

Dennis Björklund wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Justin Clift wrote:
>

>>inclined to play fair in the Open Source Community.  Can't count how
>>many times I've asked them privately and publically to update their
>>pages on the main MySQL site in relation to PostgreSQL.
>

> Isn't the benchmark itself available so that one person coulp spend a
> weekend comparing pg 7.3 with whatever is the latest mysql at the moment.

Would you have the time and inclination to do this?

> Then there is of course the problem that the benchmark is made to show the
> good side of mysql, but I would be interested in the result just because
> of that.

Agreed.  Monty mentioned in about July 2001 that they'd hired someone
(Anna something from memory) to make their benchmark test in a
multi-user fashion instead of a single user process.  Hopefully that's
running nicely now.  The OSDB software (another Open Source database
testing tool) has added the ability to generate large datasets in recent
CVS, so that's another avenue for testing with as well.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi