Re: Rules/Trigges Trade-offs - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jean-Luc Lachance
Subject Re: Rules/Trigges Trade-offs
Date
List pgsql-sql
Josh,

Thanks for the info.

I need to change an insert into an update when the key already exists.
I have been using a rules to test it on a small set (table) and it
works.
"Rules can't use indexes" just scared me. I will have to test on a
larger set.
Also, I had the impression that if a trigger returned NULL, one would
get the equivalent of "DO NOTHING".
Am I wrong with that assumption?

JLL