Re: configure hangs with tcl/tk support - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Nicolas Boretos
Subject Re: configure hangs with tcl/tk support
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Suraj Amin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully installed PostgreSQL 7.3(without tcl/tk support) on
> Cygwin(1.3.17.1) on Windows2000 Professional.
> But when I try to configure it with:
> ./configure --with-java --with-tcl --with-tclconfig=/usr/lib (I need
> pgaccess which needs tcl support)
>
> It hangs at:
> config.status: creating src/Makefile.global
>
> With "sed.exe" consuming around 90-95% of the CPU resources.
>
> First of all; will pgaccess run under cygwin + XFree86?

Hi,

IIRC, postgres builds libpq anyway, but you dont need to compile
postgres with tcl inorder to use pgaccess, as it comes both with libpq
and libpgtcl dlls.
The thing to note though is that you would have to use an 8.3 based
tcl/tk distro as these libs are, AFAIL, not stubs enabled and will not
load under the more recent 8.4 tcl/tk.

WRT cygwin/Xfree, I do not understand why you would not just run pgacess
natively in Windows?

regards,

nicolas boretos