Re: Backend message type 0x50 arrived while idle - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Thrasher
Subject Re: Backend message type 0x50 arrived while idle
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Phil

It also happened to me last week. I found the problem is that you cannot
share the same connection among processes unless you implement some kind
of locking (semaphores, ...).

More clearly, I had this problem.

Query QA lasts 5 seconds to perform, and returns answer AA.
Query QB lasts 10 seconds and returns AB.
B is a child process of A.

I launch the parent A. Performs QA. Waits for answer.
I launch the child B. Performs QB. Waits for answer.

Server returns AA, but it gets caught by B !!

So, solutions are:- You open a new backend connection for each process.- You make each process lock before sending QA,
andunlock when

receiving AA.

Hope it helps !!

Thrasher