Re: Redhat 8 default database warning: JDBC problems - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Fernando Nasser
Subject Re: Redhat 8 default database warning: JDBC problems
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Dennis King wrote:> This is a summary of the problems I had getting JDBC working
with the
> Redhat Database that comes with the Redhat 8.0 installation, which
> are treated in an earlier thread. "forName finds Driver but
> getConnection doesn.t".

Dennis,

It was brought to my attention that you were actually using the community
postgresql RPM.  This is the one that comes with the OS.  What we call "Red Hat
Database" includes that, some GUI tools, a modified set of manuals etc.

You can download it from free.  Check it out at:

http://www.redhat.com/software/database

and the project page has also some useful information:

http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb

And, of course, it is PostgreSQL after all, so the postgresql.org site and lists
will continue to be useful if you install that.

Best regards,
Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser