Re: rename - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ken Guest
Subject Re: rename
Date
List pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 04:56:39PM +0000, Ken Guest wrote:
>

>>Neil Conway wrote:

>>>However, this is not recommended operating procedure, if it destroys all
>>>your data I won't take any responsibility :-) A safer route would be to
>>>pg_dump the database and restore it with a different name.
>>>

>>so would pg_dump olddb | pgsql  newdb work  or this is too simplistic an
>>approach?
>>

>Yeah, it should work... What do you mean by too simplistic? It is too
>simple so it must be wrong? :-D

Something like that!
Anyways I got it working - much thanks to Neil Conway.
Now I have the strange occurance that creating a gist index:
CREATE INDEX key2img_fr_rdtree_idx on image_fr using  gist ( key2img
gist__intbig_ops) with ( islossy );

works on one database (the old, test, one) but not on the new one, I get
this error
ERROR:  DefineIndex: opclass "gist__intbig_ops" not found

No errors occurred during the restore process.
What do I need to do to create that index?

k.