Re: Migrating DAta from MSSQL to postgre - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Migrating DAta from MSSQL to postgre
Date
List pgsql-general
On 26 Nov 2002 at 10:53, Savita wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need some help to migrate data from MSSQL to Postgres.
>
> I have the following a scnirio like.
>
> 1.I have a table in MSSQL.
> 2.I have another table in Postgres with different name and schema from the one
> which is present in MSSQL.
>
> Is it possible to migrate data from the table which is present in MSSQL to
> Postgres.

Obviously there are some commanalities between these two.. Some little scripts
in sed and awk might get you the text formatting needed for interoperation.

Text dump from one table and text load to other is the only way I can think..

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Random, n.:    As in number, predictable.  As in memory access, unpredictable.