Re: haveMinimumCompatibleVersion - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: haveMinimumCompatibleVersion
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Felipe,

You are looking at the wrong method.  Look at haveMinimumServerVersion()
instead.

haveMinimumServerVersion() has the behavior you are looking for (is the
server I am connected to at least X).

havaMinimumCompatibleVersion() checks if the user has specified what
level of functionality (by setting the compatible parameter) they are
looking for.  So if they are running the 7.3 driver, do they want it
work like the 7.1 driver did for some features.  This has nothing to do
with the version of the database at all.

thanks,
--Barry