Re: Dumb Newbie Question - Mandrake 9.0 / PGSQL 7.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Dumb Newbie Question - Mandrake 9.0 / PGSQL 7.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Jay,

There are a bunch of GUI options for PostgreSQL, it just depends on what
you're after.

The PostgreSQL 7.2 stuff that comes with Mandrake 9.0 is probably best
described as the pure "database engine" that runs in the background.
The part that just holds data, processes it, etc.

Whilst you can do stuff with the database engine directly from
applications, and from the command-line utilities that it comes with, if
you're used to using a GUI then it might be best to grab one and install
it.

So, the next question is, any idea what you're looking to do with the
GUI, so we can recommend one that does that?

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift