Re: get_bit etc. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: get_bit etc.
Date
List pgsql-general
Brian Minton <bminton@efn.org> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> A documentation patch would be welcomed.

> ok, how do I do that?

Ideally, send a patch diff against the appropriate .sgml file in the doc
source tree to pgsql-patches.  If you're not up for patching SGML, write
some plain ASCII text that would fit into the docs and send it to
pgsql-docs; somebody will take care of marking it up in SGML and
committing it where it belongs.

> They are simple enough functions, and it was easy
> to figure out what they did, but there is no mention of them, I guess
> maybe they are "unofficial" functions.

No, they're clearly intended as user-accessible functions.  I'd say the
author was too dern lazy to include any documentation when he submitted
the code patch :-(.  We have a lot of that disease goin' round.

            regards, tom lane