Re: AbstractMethodError exception on an executeUpdate call - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: AbstractMethodError exception on an executeUpdate call
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Ziad,

The method you are trying to call (executeUpdate(String, int)) is a new
method in jdbc3.  It does not exist in jdbc2.  If you use the
pg73rc1jdbc3.jar file the method will exist.

However generated keys are not supported in the postgres jdbc driver, so
even if you where to have the correct version of the jdbc driver, you
still wouldn't be able to call this method.

thanks,
--Barry