Re: Press Release -- Just Waiting for Tom - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Press Release -- Just Waiting for Tom
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:
<snip>
> perhaps comments don't allow html formatting? Justin, can you confirm
> this?

Hi guys,

It's kind of a bit more tricky than that.

The Press Release for PG 7.3 page is being worked on as plain text, and
is stored in Zwiki (the software we're using) that way.  HTML inside it
doesn't work.  :-/

It turns out that the "Add Comments" system automatically adds the
needed seperator, but does so in HTML without checking if that's
appropriate.  Have asked the Zwiki guys if they'd consider altering it,
and think it's been added to the "wishlist" area of their bugs tracker,
but that's it.

If anyone here is good with Python, that could be fixed though.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> > I'll also ask what I asked there, here:
> > Are there any new replication/backup features?
> >

> There haven't been major changes in these areas. There are some
> commercial companies that are offering replication solutions you can
> look at.  I also know Point In Time Recovery is planned for version 7.4
> as well.
>
> BTW - A complete list of changes is included in the source distributions
> if you want to check for something specific.
>
> Robert Treat

   - Indira Gandhi