Re: pfree() core dump in 7.2.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Medi Montaseri
Subject Re: pfree() core dump in 7.2.3
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm using 7.2.3 on an SMP MIPS Linux kernel 2.4.17, libc 2.2.3
My organization has mocked around with the kernel (memory manager, etc) and
as such I'm leaving much room for "its our bad" ....I'll work on having
another target
to compile with --enable-debug and cassert...

Again, I need to make sure that my Async Query is not amplifying the
problem....

So currently I need to keep a table within a range (low-water and
hi-water mark).
So I have implemented a "Async and Interleaved Purge". When I hit the
hi-water-mark,
I do the Async Purge of 2000 rows. At mid-water mark, I do the
vacuum-ing by sending
an async query. Again I close connections and move on.....hoping that
the backend
will thru away anything it had to say after completing the task...

Thanks for the help...