Re: Establishment of Guidelines and Best Practises for the PostgreSQL Advocacy&Marketing project - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Establishment of Guidelines and Best Practises for the PostgreSQL Advocacy&Marketing project
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 13 Nov 2002 at 14:47, Justin Clift wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> It's about time we begin the creation of Guidelines for the PostgreSQL
> Advocacy and Marketing project, and further to that, begin establishing
> Best Practises methods for getting the knowledge of PostgreSQL out to
> the world.
>
> The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing Project Guidelines should give us
> a framework to effectively operate, so people have an immediate grasp of
> what is acceptable and what isn't.
>
> The PostgreSQL Advocacy and Marketing Project Best Practises documents
> should guide people in taking the Advocacy/Marketing ideas that they
> have, and turn them into effective strategies, then measure the results
> (if practical) from implementing them.
>
> Does anyone here have recommendations and thoughts on where to start?

How about getting some guides online like we just did for techdocs. Some of
them I can think of

1) Postgresql comparison guide

It should link holder for resources that would allow a person to pitch
postgresql in a fair comparison. That would help anyone doing evaluation. Links
to case studies are great here.

2) Postgresql marketing guide

In addition to comparison, this would add support dimension and community
effort. It should also show pogress postgresql has made against time. so that
we can assure rapid pace of development in terms of feature and performance by
sheer extrapolation..

These are two I can think of irght now. Anything more?

HTH

Bye
 Shridhar

--
ink, n.:    A villainous compound of tannogallate of iron, gum-arabic,    and water,
chiefly used to facilitate the infection of    idiocy and promote intellectual