Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-www] Finishing the Portal] - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: [Fwd: [pgsql-www] Finishing the Portal]
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 11 Nov 2002 at 10:42, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Justin Clift wrote:
> > Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Turning the portal into a gborg project is overkill.  As Dave pointed
> > > out there's not much left to be done, just finish it and get it over
> > > with.  It's taken long enough already, turning it into some huge project
> > > will only stretch it out even longer.
> > As a *huge* project, you're right, it would.  It's really just a few
> > files.
> > However, if they feel it's worth doing as GBorg project, then my feeling
> > is "what the heck, ok".
> This isn't something that someone will be running on their local pc.
> This is part of the website.  As small as this portal project is
> *supposed* to be and as private as it was intended to be, justify
> why it should be turned into a public project beyond "what the heck".

There are reasons. We are and going to be the face of the postgresql project.
It's not about setting things up and getting it running. That's technicality
and I'm sure we could do that easily.

It's not about 'getting it done' but about 'keep getting it done'. People come
and go. Not always because they don't want to work on  this but due to some
genuine problem.

Such things should keep running whether or not few people are there. I second
the opinion of haing it as a gborg project, properly access controlled and
documented as far as possible.

I would be glad to do documentation part. Let me know what I can do..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Bugs, pl. n.:    Small living things that small living boys throw on small living
girls.