Re: PG Collaborative structure is ready for initial - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: PG Collaborative structure is ready for initial
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
<snip>
> Had a shot at it for disk tuning guide. Looks good to me. Let's bring it in
> production but we need to have authentication in place otherwise people will
> fill it with junk( in worst case that is..)

The present dilemma is that the PostgreSQL users database that we
presently use for registering people on the Techdocs site isn't yet tied
to the Zope authentication scheme.

It's easy to manually create users in Zope and restrict the editing or
creation of pages to them, but our best long term situation is to allow
the people who have already registered to make use of that.

> Can we have moderation there for guests? We could notify back user that changes
> are accepted if he/she cares to leave an e-mail address there. Then we would
> have few truseted users and always welcome guests..;-)

A feature that needs to be added is the ability for people to
"subscribe" to a page, so that whenever the page is changed it gets
emailed out to them.  This is already possible, but will take about an
hour or so to read through the docs (have the right ones already marked)
then setup.  It's important to get done before the new infrastructure is
announced to the general public.

As for a moderation/review process... preferably not.  Am trying to
implement a way of doing things that makes things as easy as possible,
and in the PostgreSQL Community that will probably work.  If however
page vandals routinely turn up we'll have to rethink it.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift