Re: Anyone know javascript? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ewald Geschwinde
Subject Re: Anyone know javascript?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Ah now I understand
The string must not be parsed it will be written unchanged in the url

ok I will write some code and send it to you per mail
Ewald

Justin Clift schrieb:
Hi Ewald

Ok, the input would be a string of characters, both uppercase and
lowercase, and numbers, but with no spaces nor punctuation allowed.
Typical input would be "ANewPage", "NewsletterPage2", etc.

The URL that the user will be directed to will consist of:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/<input-string-here>/editform

Does that make sense?  The URL has to be calculated after the user types
in the string.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Ewald Geschwinde wrote:
thanks for the info
Maybe I can handle this:

One question?

What Input should I expect in this form?

What the user types in he will be redirected to a special page?

Did I unterstand that right?
Ewald

Justin Clift schrieb:

Ewald Geschwinde wrote:

What do you need exactly?
I've made a project with many jscript in it
Ewald

Hi Ewald,

Ok, here's what we need.  Not sure if it's possible like this (and
cross-browser compatible), but doesn't hurt to ask.

Is it possible to have some kind of pop-up Javascript that asks for a
new page name, calculates the URL from their input, and goes there?  All
trigged by a user clicking on a "Create new page" link?

That's the *ideal* approach, inspired by the old PHP website that has a
similar function for it's Search box.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift