Re: streaming result sets: progress - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: streaming result sets: progress
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Nic Ferrier wrote:
> So what I'm seeking is guidance: should I submit a large patch with
> all the changes in? (including changes I've made to clean up the call
> path)
>
> Should I first submit patches to clean up the call path? (this is my
> preferred option) and then implement the streamed result sets on top
> of that?

I agree that this is the best option.  And I agree that there is plenty
of room for this code to be cleaned up.

> Should I make a tar available of the source of my changes?

I don't think that is necessary.

> Should I work harder to make my changes fit in with the existing code?

No.  Spend your time improving the code, don't waste it trying to hack
the existing structure.

I am looking forward to seeing what you have done.

thanks,
--Barry