Re: protocol change in 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Grant Finnemore
Subject Re: protocol change in 7.4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Questions have arisen during discussions about errors relating
to how to support error codes without changing the FE/BE
protocols. (see TODO.detail/error)

Now that the protocol is up for revision, how about supporting
sql state strings, error codes, and other information directly in
the protocol.

Regards,
Grant